Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Overnight Chicken

 
Overnight Chicken
 
 
Want to add a kick to your chick? Looking for a new way to serve up that cooking staple chicken breast?
 
Now when the planets are aligned and the karma smiles down on the Wilkins home. I'm able to plan our dinner the NIGHT before. Not looking at the clock ticking away at 6:20pm thinking "now WHAT am I going to make for dinner?". Not that this recipe isn't easy peasy, but it's just the matter of planning on my part. Meaning, I have to take out my frozen chicken, thaw it, then whip up the marinade. SOooooOOOOooOOoo like I said earlier....when life slows down just a bit, I will whip up this tasty bird marinade.
 
I don't honestly know where I found this, but I stumbled across it whilst browsing the interwebs one day. After trying it out, I realized that this would certainly be a regular dish at our house. First off, I most always have chicken in my freezer. Secondly, the marinade ingredients should pretty much be in any kitchen. No need to go to the store for that ONE item then ending up filling your cart with impulse buys. Not that I would know anything about that hehehe.
 
 
So, here it is. Try it. Eat it. Love it.
 
 
 
Overnight Chicken
 
4 chicken breasts or 5-6 skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon curry powder
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
 
Mix together the honey, mustard, soy sauce, and curry powder.
Put the chicken and marinade in a ziplock plastic bag then refrigerate overnight.
The next day, pour the chicken with all the sauce into a baking dish, cover, and bake at 350 for at least an hour. Then uncover the chicken and baste and bake an additional 15 minutes.
 
You can slice the chicken in strips an serve over rice or on it's own with a side of veggies and taters. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment