Monday, September 10, 2012

Plum Salsa

Plum Salsa

So what does one do with a bumper crop of jalapenos, Armenian cucumbers, and a very generous neighbor who gives you two grocery sacks filled to the brim with freshly picked plums? You get creative. Now, I remembered a while back I had stumbled across some interesting salsa recipes on Martha Stewart's website. So after a bit of Googling I found the recipe and promptly got to dicing and a slicing. Now, you don't HAVE to use Armenian cucumbers. I just happened to use them because I had about 3 foot long buggars, so that's what I used.  


Isn't that a pretty looking salsa?


Now, go make you some then get yourself a yummy Beanitos chip and enjoy! 

Plum Salsa

1 lb diced plums
1 small/medium cucumber diced
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1/2 - 1 tablespoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 finely diced jalapeno (seeds removed)

Toss all ingredients in a bowl and let sit at least 30 minutes before serving.
 
 
**I PROMISE to post results of my first half marathon. I'm just waiting for pictures from OTHER people's cameras ;) **


No comments:

Post a Comment