Friday, March 4, 2011

Citrus and Mint Quinoa Salad

Yes, I know, this is ANOTHER quinoa recipe, but I am really enjoying this little grain...well technically seed. I was really craving fresh and zingy tastes the other day and I lucked out by grapefruits being on sale. So I figured I could incorporate the tastes of citrus and fresh spearimint in a fresh little quinoa salad.

So here be the recipe for y'all to try out. I hope you enjoy!

Citrus and Mint Quinoa Salad


½ cup rinsed quinoa
1 cup water
½ cup grapefruit juice
½ cup diced grapefruit pieces
¼ cup dried cranberries
1-2 fresh sprigs mint


Rinse quinoa. Add water, grapefruit juice, and rinsed quinoa to a rice cooker. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed completely. Allow to cool then stir in grapefruit pieces and cranberries. Top with fresh mint sprigs.



No comments:

Post a Comment